Monday, February 2, 2009

His Test

Because He Himself was tested through what He suffered, He is able to help those who are being tested. Hebrews 2:18

Have you ever thought about what Jesus was like when He was growing up? Have you ever wondered what Mary and Joseph said to Him or the questions He asked? Did He like to take things apart like my son to see how it works? Did He like to sit down and read and write like my daughter? Did He dance around the house as a toddler like my other daughter?

I wonder about those things. How He might have been like before He came out to us with all of His Godly wisdom, suffering, and death. Thinking about Him in this way gives Him more human characteristics and helps me to be able to talk to Him, pray to Him, and ask Him for guidance.

Jesus was sent to us in human form so He would know what it's like to be tempted. So He would know what it's like to be human! This experience helps Him to be understanding of what we go through as a human, but it also enables Him to help us.

What are you going to talk to Jesus about today? Patience? Health? Wisdom? Happiness? Guilt?

Dear Lord, thank you for suffering for me so that you can understand me and the temptations that I endure every day. I ask you to guide me in Your ways and answer the door when the devil comes knocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment