Monday, February 9, 2009

Reach Out to Him

They scurried about the surrounding country and began to bring in the sick on mats to wherever they heard he was. Mark 6:55

Jesus was a healer and the word spread fast! I know if I was in need of healing, I would have found Him too. So what holds us back now? Why don't we seek Him more readily when we need healing nowadays? Is it our lack of faith? Or maybe we feel like we don't need Him because we can take care of things ourselves.

Well, we can't. Without our Lord and His healing ways, we have nothing. Without our faith in His ability to help us and heal us, we have nothing. Granted, He doesn't always reach out and heal us directly. Remember, he also uses others to help us heal.

But it takes humility to admit that we need healing doesn't it? It takes a certain amount of admission of a failure to help ourselves. And that takes courage! So let's be courageous today!

How are you going to reach out to our Lord today? What is it that you need healed? Something physical? Something emotional? Something psychological?

Lord, I am bringing you my sufferings and worries. I am open to Your healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment